Adventures of blasphemy, anger, and failure in philosophy

Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Word on Intellectual Honesty

Now given the foam-at-the-mouth anger I displayed in my post entitled "Religious Hate-Fest", some of you readers (all none of you who I haven't talked to personally) might be thinking that I'm another crazy anonymous person on the internet who feels that anonymity is a license to go batshit - another one of the millions of unknown haters on the internet hiding behind the fact that no one knows their identity. I would like to rebut this view. While it is true that I'm another crazy anonymous person blah blah blah etc. I would like to state that I actually hold and freely discuss these extreme views even when my identity is known. I've shown "Religious Hate-Fest" and my argument against Jesus in my Doubting Thomas post to friends I knew were deeply Christian and they are (to the best of my knowledge) still my friends and not plotting to stab me for heresy. The reasoning is simple: if Christianity is not true, then I'm right and they shouldn't be offended by my stating of the truth; if Christianity is true, then they're going to heaven and I'm going to hell, so they should feel sorry for me, not angry. They all agree to this, and some actually do feel sorry for me. I feel sorry for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers